Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Do I really want to know?

Yesterday I picked up a disk from the hospital with a copy of my MRI scan on it. It only took them a day to get it printed for me, and seeing as I paid an annual fee for a full copy of my records there was no additional charge. The Patient Advice and Liaison Service at Kings have always been brilliant and helpful and polite. But I wasn't expecting to have the disk so quickly.

I'm at work now, and I'm still thinking about that disk, burning a hole in the kitchen table.

I haven't looked at it. I wouldn't know what I was looking at. And I would run the risk of scaring myself stupid over nothing. But it's funny (strange funny, I'm not really in a laughing mood) to think that the answers to the biggest unspoken question of the last six months is lying on my kitchen table. Just minding it's own business.

This is only the morning after I picked it up. How on earth am I going to concentrate for over a week until my consultation?



No comments:

Post a Comment